1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement：Nowadays it is not important for people to have regular family meals together.
2. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: It's a waste of money for Government to fund space travel or space exploration. Give specific examples and details to support your answer.
3. People can solve important problems in their daily life on their own or with the help from families; The help from the government is not necessary.
4. Which one do you think is the most important factor for a student to succeed at college or university?
1) Having access to the university’s tutors who can provide individual instruction for the students who have difficulty in schoolwork
2) The encouragement from family and friends
3) Having high-quality education from excellent teachers in high school
5. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is easier for parents to raise their children than 50 years ago.
6. Some teenagers take part in kinds of activities, such as musical classes, sports classes and so on, but others only focus on one activity which is important to them. Which idea do you support?
7. Visiting museum is the best way to learn a country.
8. Young people today are more likely to help others than the young were in the past.
9. Some people like to study alone while other prefer to study in a group. Which one do you think is more effective?
10. Some believe that teachers (for students from age 14-18) should focus on lecturing and asking students to take notes during lectures. Others believe that teachers should get students involved in discussion and encourage them to exchange ideas in class. Which way of teaching do you think is more effective for students’ learning?
11. students should be encouraged to take courses like science, technology, engineering and math that are likely to lead to job opportunities rather than subjects they might be interested in.
12. Young people should try several different jobs before they take a long term career.
13. It is important for government to provide money for things that are beautiful not just for things that are practical.
14. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: young people today are more likely to help others than young people were in the past.
15. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: If you are selecting a leader for a student organization, honesty is the most important to consider in deciding whom to vote for.
16. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: The way a person is dressed in is a good indication of his/her personality.
17. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: students nowadays are more interested in politics than in the past.
18. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: Being creative, rather than planning carefully more often results in the best solution of a problem.
19. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: The best way for a teacher to help students interested in a subject is to explain that subject will help them outside school.
20. Some people like to keep records or experiences by exposing photos on social networking sites. Others do not like to create such records. Which way do you prefer?